With eDeposit, you can deposit checks – conveniently and securely – straight from your Android or iPhone into your 1st Nor Cal account.
Tips for a successful eDeposit:
You will need to take a good photo of the front and back of your check for eDeposit to accept your check.
- Stay inside the green lines.
- Lay the check on a flat surface and use a dark background.
- Avoid any glare.
- Take the picture from above while standing.
- Endorse your check. Write the account number, including the share ID, on the back of your check.
- Deposit one check at a time.
A. 1st Nor Cal members can deposit check using their iPhone, iPad, or Android device through eDeposit. eDeposit is a free feature available through 1st Nor Cal’s iOS Application and Google’s Android operating system.
A. eDeposit is available to all 1st Nor Cal member in good standing.
A. Yes. We use SSL encryption to communicate securely with our services, as well as state-of-the-art security measures to protect your personal information and account(s).
A. Yes, eDeposit is available on Android phones operating on version 2.4.1 or higher.
A. Yes, eDeposit is available using your desktop computer and scanner if you have multiple checks to deposit.
A. Yes, eDeposit is available to 1st Nor Cal members in good standing.
A. Yes. You will be asked to accept the terms of agreement the first time you use eDeposit. You will be an email once your enrollment has been accepted.
A. Yes. 1st Nor Cal reserves the right to revoke access to eDeposit without prior notification.
A. You can use eDeposit to deposit funds to your Savings, Checking, and Money Market accounts.
A. You should only use eDeposit for domestic checks not drawn on your own account. Checks must be made payable to an owner of the share and must have an endorsement on the back. Checks will not be accepted if they are incomplete, post-dated or stale-dated, made payable to a third party, or stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark. Be sure your checks have no evidence of alteration or contain a restrictive endorsement. Savings Bonds are not eligible for eDeposit.
A. Yes. If you don’t endorse the back of the check, your eDeposit will not go through. You endorsement should include your signature and the account number to which you are making the deposit, including the share ID.
A. You may transfer funds to the correct account via @ccessOnline home banking or the @ccessMobile app.
A. Not at this time.
A. Write “eDeposit” below your endorsement on the back of the check. This will help you easily identify checks that you have already deposited. Retain the check in a safe place for seven days and then it should be destroyed. This is a completely electronic process and you don’t need to mail the physical check to 1st Nor Cal.
A. If you need further information or assistance, you may contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-387-8632 to speak to a Member Service Representative.
A. Review the Troubleshooting Tips below to assist with using the application. If you need further assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-387-8632 to speak to a Member Service Representative.
A. A notification will be sent to your email address on file when the deposit is made to your account.
A. Your eDeposits are subject to our hold policy. Please refer to 1st Nor Cal’s disclosure About Your Credit Union Accounts for more details.
A. Your daily deposit will be based on your account history. If you need a higher limit, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-387-8632. Deposit limits may change without prior notification.
A. Your deposits are subject to our hold policy. Please refer to 1st Nor Cal’s disclosure About Your Credit Union Accounts for more details.
A. Your eDeposit is reviewed before it is posted to your account. Once it has been reviewed, it will be posted immediately to your account. Our normal check holds will apply to your deposit.
Steps to capture the check images:
- After entering the dollar amount of the check, tape “Capture Check Front” to enable the camera.
- After successfully capturing the front of the image, wait for “Capture Check Back: to appear, and then tap it to enable the camera.
- If the camera does not focus properly on the image, close the camera window and click “Capture Check Front” or “Capture Check Back” to enable the camera again.
The check image is not accepted:
- Ensure the number printed on the bottom of the check (MICR) line are clear and readable.
- Check for any stray writing or other markings in the MICR line that could prevent eDeposit from clearly reading the numbers.
- Ensure that the MICR line was not cropped out of the picture, which would prevent eDeposit from clearly reading the numbers.
- Use a dark background, clear of shadows, to take the picture of the check.