Transfer funds to anyone, anywhere, anytime with SendMoney.
All you need is:
- The latest 1st Nor Cal iPhone or Android App
- A 1st Nor Cal Checking account
- Your recipient’s email address or mobile phone number. They don’t even have to be a 1st Nor Cal member!
SendMoney Just Makes Sense
- Instant Payment: Funds are deducted from your 1st Nor Cal Checking Account and the recipient is immediately notified.
- Super Simple: It’s as easy as sending an email or text message.
- It’s Free!
Powered by PayPal
SendMoney is powered by PayPal, one of the most trusted names in online commerce, so any SendMoney recipient will need a PayPal account to retrieve the funds you send. If they don’t have a PayPal account, they will be prompted to set one up, a simple step that takes only a few minutes. Then they can easily transfer funds to their own account.
A. SendMoney is a fast and secure way to transfer funds to another person or merchant outside the Credit Union, using 1st Nor Cal’s iPhone or Android App. All you need is the other party’s email address or mobile phone number.
A. Using SendMoney is free to all 1st Nor Cal members.
1) You will need an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or any Android driven device equipped with the latest version of the 1st Nor Cal iPhone or Android App
2) A 1st Nor Cal Checking Account. Please note that you may not send money from a Share Savings Account or Money Market Account.
A. No. SendMoney allow you to send money directly from your 1st Nor Cal Checking Account, without having to enroll in PayPal. However, your recipient will need a PayPal account to receive the sent funds, which is free and easy for them to sign up for.
A. Yes. You may send up to $1,000 per day in as many transactions as you want. There is a $1.00 transaction minimum.
A. The funds are withdrawn from your account immediately.
A. If it is your first time using SendMoney, follow these steps:
1. Select SendMoney on your 1st Nor Cal iPhone or Android App.
2. In order to continue, accept the Terms and Conditions.
3. The SendMoney home screen will appear. Select SendMoney to transfer Funds.
4. A screen will appear asking you to select which of your phone numbers or email addresses you’d like to have your security code sent. After retrieving the security code, you’ll need to enter it on the input screen to continue with your transaction.
5. Follow the prompts on the subsequent screens. Be sure you have entered the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number correctly before pressing Send!
A. The recipient will receive an email or text message informing them that the funds are available. Your recipient will then log on to PayPal or sign up for a PayPal account to retrieve the payment. You will also receive an email confirming the transaction.
A. If the recipient has an existing PayPal account, the funds are available to them in their PayPal account immediately. If the recipient doesn’t have a PayPal account, the funds will be available as soon as they open a PayPal account, which only takes a few minutes to set up. The recipient can then spend the money online or, if they choose, transfer it to their bank or credit union account or request a check from PayPal. Transfers from a PayPal account to a bank account may take up to three business days to process.
A. If your recipient doesn’t claim the funds within 30 days, the transaction will be automatically cancelled and the funds returned to your account.
A. Not yet, but we are exploring the possibility of making SendMoney available through @ccessOnline.
A. If the recipient has already claimed the funds, then the transaction cannot be cancelled. To find out if the funds have been claimed, go to “History” and locate the transaction. If the status reads “Pending,” you may select it and cancel the transaction.
A. Click on “History.” You can also view them in @ccessOnline or on your monthly statement.