Please monitor this page regularly for the latest 1st Nor Cal Credit Union COVID-19 related news including modified branch hours. We will also publish helpful 1st Nor Cal account access information and links to other information which might be useful for our members as our community adapts and adjusts to recent events.
1st Nor Cal Credit Union is closely monitoring the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the information and guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as federal, state, and local agencies. The situation remains fluid and is evolving day-by-day and we would like to assure you that the health and safety of our members, our community, our staff, and their families is our top priority.
1st Nor Cal Credit Union branches remain open and available to help you conduct your important financial business. Additionally, we are encouraging our members to use remote banking features whenever possible. Detailed information regarding our remote banking features can be found on our website 1stnorcalcu.org and highlighted in articles below.
What to Expect When You Visit a 1st Nor Cal Branch
All seven of our full-service branch offices are open for new account openings and loan interviews with the following protocols to help keep our members and staff safe.
- A face covering is required to enter the branch.
- Safe social distancing must be practiced at all times within our branch offices.
- New account openings are available up until 3:00 PM daily.
- Please call in advance (925) 293-1785 during business hours or email for a list of documents needed to open an account or to apply for a loan.
- Only those persons actually opening the account/applying for the loan will be allowed to be present.
1st Nor Cal appreciates your membership. The Credit Union’s management and staff are pleased to provide the highest level of personalized service possible during these difficult times. We hope you will look to us for all your financial needs and respect the safeguards we have put in place to protect our membership and your devoted service professionals.
Bank from home with 1st Nor Cal remote banking features.
We would like to remind you that our remote banking features make it easy to bank and access your funds from home or almost anywhere round-the-clock, 24 hours a day. Make the most of your time with direct deposit, online banking, mobile banking, mobile check deposit, auto pay, and more. You can learn more about our remote services by clicking the links below.
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking – with mobile check deposit
- Online BillPay
- Online Loan Payments
- Person-to-Person Transfers – via SendMoney powered by PayPal
- Transfer Funds – between accounts and to other members via Online Banking
- External Transfers – transfer funds between financial institutions via Online Banking
- Direct Deposit
- Payroll Deduction
- ATM Locator
- Telephone Banking
You can call us anytime at (888) 387-8632 for help setting up or using remote services or call (925) 293-1785 during business hours.
We recognize that this is a challenging time and we would like to extend our support however possible. If you have been uniquely impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) or need special assistance with your accounts, please call us at (888) 387-8632 or call (925) 293-1785 during business hours.
Emergency Loan – Fixed Low Rates & Rapid Approval
In an effort to further assist our members through this difficult time, we have created a new limited-time only COVID-19 Response Personal Loan for 1st Nor Cal members experiencing a temporary loss of income due to recent work reduction.
- Fixed Low Rates as low as 4.45% APR1
- $5,000 maximum loan amount
- No payments for 90 days
- Terms up to 48-months
- Quick, local loan decisions
- Rapid funds availability
To apply or for more information, please contact our Loan Department at (925) 335-3851. We are working hard to make an online application available for this product and we will update this page with that information once it becomes available. In the meantime, please call us.
1APR = Annual Percentage Rate. All loans subject to credit approval. Rates, terms and conditions subject to change. Rate, maximum term and maximum loan amount are based on credit qualifications. Must be 18 years old or older to apply for a loan. First payment due 90 days from Emergency Loan disbursement. Interest will accrue during the 90 day period. Restrictions apply, contact us for complete details.
1st Nor Cal Credit Union recognizes the financial strain that the COVID-19 pandemic has placed on many of our members. We want to help. If you are a 1st Nor Cal mortgage holder and you find yourself in need of assistance, we would like to hear from you. We will do our best to work with you to help you through this time of need. Our team of seasoned mortgage professionals can review your personal circumstances and work with you to craft a custom solution to help you weather the displacement and uncertainty surrounding this global pandemic. Please contact our Mortgage Department by phone at (925) 335-3870.
1st Nor Cal Credit Union understands that making a mortgage payment can be a concern for anyone who has recently been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19). To assist our members who need help during these difficult times, we are offering a 90-day forbearance on mortgage loans designed to ease the financial burden for qualified members.
Mortgage forbearance provides short-term relief to qualified members allowing you to suspend your mortgage payment giving you the time and flexibility you need to manage the financial challenges you and your loved ones may be facing. It is important to note that a forbearance plan is not forgiveness of any portion of the debt, and interest will continue to accrue on the missed payments.
- There will be no late fees assessed nor derogatory credit reporting.
- When the forbearance period is over, all deferred interest will be added to the amount due and your loan maturity date will be extended to collect the amount deferred during the forbearance, without increasing your monthly payment.
Please use this Docusign® link to begin the process.
Information Regarding Stimulus Payments
As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (“CARES”) Act, the U.S. Federal Government is delivering “Economic Impact Payments” to eligible Americans. These direct cash payments (sometimes referred to as “stimulus checks” or “stimulus payments”) provide fast and direct relief to individuals and families in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
Key points regarding the stimulus:
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is responsible for the timing, amount and distribution of the stimulus payments.
- The IRS has stated that payments will be sent over the course of multiple weeks into July 2020.
- Payments will be distributed by the IRS based on the information they have on file for eligible individuals and families.
- In most cases, payments will be deposited into the same bank account that was most recently used to receive a tax refund or Social Security payment.
- Other eligible individuals will receive their stimulus checks in the mail at the address the IRS has on file for them.
- 1st Nor Cal Credit Union does not provide personal account or address information to the IRS.
- Direct deposits will post for open accounts on the effective date set by the Treasury.
Here are some helpful tips and tools you can use:
- To find out if you’re eligible and when your payment will arrive, visit irs.gov/coronavirus.
- To find out if your payment has direct deposited to your 1st Nor Cal account without leaving home, use our @ccessMobile App or @ccessOnline Home Banking. The word IRS will be included in the description of the deposit. Keep in mind, the IRS is using the same description for both the stimulus payments and income tax refunds.
- If you haven’t received your stimulus payment, you can set up a direct deposit account alert to tell you when direct deposits post to your account.
- If you are receiving your payment in the mail by check, you can use the remote deposit feature in our mobile banking app to deposit your check.
- You can also visit any of our ATMs to deposit your check.
- If you must visit one of our branches, please follow the guidelines regarding social distancing and other safety measures from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. NOTE: Face coverings are required in our Contra Costa County branches and highly encouraged in our Benicia branch.
Please refrain from calling 1st Nor Cal in regards to the eligibility, timing or distribution of your stimulus payment. These payments are decided and distributed solely by the IRS. Visit irs.gov/coronavirus for more information.
CARES Act Stimulus Funds and Negative Account Balances
At 1st Nor Cal, if accounts are overdrawn, any deposits are automatically applied to cover negative balances. However, we are committed to ensuring you have full access to your CARES Act stimulus funds. If you have questions or need further information on how we can help you, please contact us by calling (888) 387-8632 or (925) 293-1785 during business hours or by secure email through @ccessOnline home banking.
Your credit union continues to be here for you during these unprecedented times.