I’ve always thought of the New Year as a gift. It’s a chance to start over, to improve, and to begin again. As great as a New Year’s Resolution sounds, it’s all too easy to overshoot your goals and give up quickly. This year, try to aim for realistic goals. Small changes can add up to make a big difference. For example, if your goal is to eat healthier, start with simply meeting your daily water intake.
Here are a few more suggestions for simple New Year’s Resolutions that can make a difference:
- Switch your disposable water bottle for a reusable one
- Bring reusable shopping bags with you to the store instead of buying bags
- Turn off your car while waiting in the drive-thru to reduce idling
- Turn lights off when you leave a room
- Clean up the trash left behind on a park bench or park table, even if it’s not yours
Notice something? These are all free ways of improving yourself or the space around you.
Whatever you decide on, may this year be ever in your favor.
Student Social Media Intern
1st Nor Cal Credit Union